Requirements for Active Membership:
1) Dues: Dues of $20 must be paid by the end of the first month of the academic year. If you enter as a graduate student in the spring semester, dues must be paid within thirty (30) days of the beginning of the semester.
2) Philanthropic events: You must take part in one (1) philanthropic event per semester.
3) Fundraising events: You must take part in one (1) fundraising event per semester.
4) Seminars: You must attend six (6) seminars per semester.
5) Monthly Meetings: You must have no more than one (1) unexcused absence from the monthly meetings. Excused absences are decided at the discretion of the executive cabinet.
Benefits of Active Membership:
1) Automatic invitation to social events
2) Automatic invitation to monthly meetings (where there’s free food!)
3) Possibility to receive funding from BGSA for travel: You must be in the top 60% of point earners on the previous semester. For more information on the point system, please refer to the constitution.